Feel like carpet smells are contributing to a home that’s not as inviting as you’d like it to be? We have three easy steps that will freshen carpet and rugs for a lovelier living space!
3 steps to eliminate carpet smells & freshen carpet
Have a hoover
Regular hoovering is key for both combating carpet smells and improving air quality in your home. This is particularly true if you have pets, and also helps those who suffer from asthma. If you want to freshen carpet in your home, the very first step hoovering, but it’s important to make sure you’re doing so properly!
It may seem like common sense, but it’s important to deal with dust and dirt in a certain order:
- First, dust all surfaces and corners of the ceiling
- Move the cushions and vacuum within your sofa
- Use the crevice attachment to clean around baseboards and in corners
- Get under large furniture
- Vacuum the entire room in one direction
- Then finish vacuuming at a right angle to the first direction
Quick clean to tackle deep carpet smells
If you notice small stains and think they might be contributing to carpet smells, Mousse should be able to tackle them. However, to clean larger areas of your carpet, then it’s time to grab 1001 Shampoo!
- Mix 1 part 1001 Shampoo with 6 parts water.
- Use a clean, colour-fast cloth to apply the solution to the stain, being careful not to over-wet.
- Once the carpet stains are gone and the carpet is dry, give it another vacuum.
Once vacuumed and cleaned, you should immediately notice a distinct decrease in carpet smells! To further freshen carpet in your home, just grab a can of your favourite Carpet Fresh scent! Whether you prefer Thai Orchid & Passion Fruit or Fresh Linen & White Flowers, a side to side sweep with a thin layer of foam will give you hours of freshness!
Want the very freshest 1001 carpet care tips?
For the latest 1001 competitions or tips for tricky smells in carpet, sign up for our newsletter – it’s delivered right to your inbox once a month!