Pop the kettle on love, it’s Afternoon Tea Week! Us Brits drink over 165million cups of tea every single day and this week, we’ll be raising even more cups in celebration of, quite possibly, the best British tradition ever invented. Afternoon Tea has been around since the early 1840s, where the ritual evolved to bridge the gap between lunch and an evening meal. Afternoon Tea is the perfect excuse to shake off your prettiest tablecloth and touch base with your nearest and dearest, so read on for our top tips for hosting the perfect tea party (avoiding tea stains on carpet) and the 1001 products to keep your best cloth stain free!
Invite your guests
Set a date, send out an invite and ask for RSVPs so you know how many to cater for. A WhatsApp group will do, but a pretty invite in the post will feel more special. Going the extra mile? Pop in a posh teabag as an on-theme party favour!
Plan the food
While a cream tea hits the spot for most of us, traditional Afternoon Tea includes finger sandwiches and a selection of small cakes. We’ll be making the sarnies and buying the cakes in, but lots of cafés offer full Afternoon Tea to takeaway, so why not support a local business?
Plan the tea
If you’re doing this properly, you’ll need cups, saucers and teapots. If you don’t have enough for everyone, ask your guests to bring their fanciest ones along! Top tip for serving: preheat the pots with boiling water before you make a brew.
Get party ready
Freshen up carpets and rugs with 1001 Carpet Fresh and your home will be smelling great for your guests.
- Shake can and hold upside down around 15 inches from the carpet, rug or upholstery
- Press nozzle and sweep from side to side, applying a light covering of foam
- Set the table while you wait for it to dry!
If your party are the type to spill a little tea in every sense of the phrase, then 1001 Stain Remover will be the perfect addition. Safe to use on carpets and upholstery, 1001 Stain Remover is ready for anything – yes tea, coffee, even jam and cream!
Using 1001 Stain Remover
- Lift off any excess and blot the stain with kitchen roll
- Spray 1001 Stain Remover and wait for up to five minutes
- Massage the product into the stain
- Remove excess dirt and foam with a dry cloth
- Vacuum when dry
Need some extra-cleaning? Here’s the 1001 Mousse for cleaning carpet so you can return to the fun of tea parties:
Using 1001 Mousse
- Grab a can of 1001 Mousse and shake well.
- Hold the can 15-30 cm away from the carpet and apply an even coating.
- Massage the product into the stained area with a clean, colour-fast cloth or sponge.
- Leave to dry, then vacuum.
It’s that easy! And just in time for the next round of scones.
Before tea off
Thirsty for more? We’re on Amazon too!