Well it’s nearly time for Father Christmas to make his yearly appearance! Are your presents wrapped and the stockings filled? Is the Christmas Eve box ready and raring to go? Have you prepared the vegetables for tomorrow and got Santa’s mince pie and milk at the ready? We know there are a million and one things to prepare for the big day, and that’s why spills and stains should be the last thing to worry about. But when catering for the entire family and with hectic celebrations, spills are inevitable, which is why our 1001 Christmas Dream Team are here to help! Here’s our tips for the best way to clean carpet when faced with common Christmas stains.
Best Way To Clean Carpet With Gravy Stains
Whilst gravy is the final touch to the Christmas dinner, it’s possibly the messiest part! The gravy boat’s voyage from kitchen to table and then from person to person is bound to end up with a splat or two that misses the plate. So if you find yourself with gravy on your rug, here’s the best way to clean carpet.
- Blot the stain with kitchen towel to absorb any excess liquid.
- Apply 1001 Carpet Stain Remover and wait for a maximum of 5 minutes.
- Massage the product into the stained area.
- Remove excess liquid with a dry cloth.
- Leave the area to dry, then vacuum. Finish off with a spray of Frosted Winter Berries Carpet Fresh to bring even more festive feels to the room.
How To Remove Grease Stains From Carpet
Roast potatoes, Turkey, cheese… The list goes on of all the foods we eat over Christmas that taste great, but can leave horrible greasy stains. The best way to clean carpet when you find drippings of fat have made their way onto the floor is by following these steps.
- First soak up as much of the oil with a dry tissue. Repeat this process as many times as possible to leave as little oil in the carpet as you can.
- Apply 1001 Carpet Stain Remover and leave for 5 minutes.
- Using a clean, colour-fast cloth, massage the product into the stain in a circular motion.
- Pat the area dry with a clean, dry cloth or paper towel. As grease is a tough stain, the best way to clean carpet of grease stains is to complete the steps again.
- Finally, pat the dry once again and vacuum. Give the area a spray of Frosted Winter Berries and any food odours left over from Christmas dinner will be eradicated.
How To Remove Chocolate Stains From Carpet
Let’s face it, Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without chocolate! We have advent calendars, selection boxes, tubs of chocolate and after-dinner chocolate mints. The list is endless! But when you discover that little hands have been indulging in all the chocolatey delights on your carpet, you’ll need to reach for the 1001 Christmas Dream Team to help!
- The best way to clean carpet with chocolate stains is to remove as much of the chocolate beforehand as possible. Grab a blunt knife to scrape as much of the melted chocolate from the carpet before blotting with a paper towel.
- Spray 1001 Carpet Stain Remover onto the stain and leave for 5 minutes.
- With a clean cloth, massage the product into the carpet in a circular motion.
- Finally blot the area with a dry cloth to remove excess liquid and once dry, vacuum the area.
- Although we love the smell of chocolate, we promise a quick spray of the Frosted Winter Berries Carpet Fresh will smell a lot better even after several of hours!
Want to get your hands on the 1001 Christmas Dream Team?
No matter what stains and smells you’re faced with over the festive period, we can guarantee they’ll be no match for our 1001 Christmas Dream Team and our tips for the best way to clean carpet! So if you want to get hold of these products in time for Christmas, head to any of our retailers including The Range, Poundstretcher, Savers, B&M, Heron Foods, Aldi or Home Bargains.
From all of the team at 1001, we wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!