If your car is badly in need of a good cleaning, you’ll be happy to know that some of your favourite 1001 Carpet Care products are perfect for the job! That’s right, you can use carpet cleaning produces to keep the interior of your car clean, especially if you’re trying to get rid of dog smells. Here’s how:
Cleaning the floors of your car
First, tackle the floor mats.
- Remove the mats and give them a good shake outside the car.
- If fabric, vacuum the top to get any dust or dirt that has been left on.
- Use soapy water to wash the back of the mat (or the entire mat, if it’s entirely rubber).
- To clean the front, fabric side, follow the same directions as below!
Cleaning the Interior
- Vacuum dirt, sand and grit out of your car as thoroughly as possible.
- Dilute one part 1001 Shampoo to six parts warm water in a bucket.
- Use a colour-fast cloth or sponge to apply the mixture to the area, being careful not to over-wet.
- Scrub the dirty areas in a circular motion, applying strong pressure as necessary.
- Allow to dry and vacuum again.
Cleaning the seats
1001 Shampoo can be used for cleaning car upholstery, especially if you’re dealing with heavy soiling. However, 1001 Mousse is a carpet care product that well because it ensures that the seats won’t become too wet. To use, first vacuum any dirty and crumbs out of the crevices of the seats. Then:
- Shake the can of Mousse well.
- Hold the can 15-30 cm away from the carpet and apply an even coating.
- Massage the product into the stained area with a clean, colour-fast cloth or sponge.
- Leave to dry, then vacuum.
Dealing with pet smells & messes
If you’re used to having your furry friends along for the drive, then you know your car needs to be cleaned a little more frequently, especially if you’re dealing with dog smells. Here is how to deal with pet-specific messes in your car.
- Wear a rubber glove to capture large amounts of fur stuck to the inside of the car.
- Vacuum the surfaces.
- Blot the stain using kitchen roll and absorb any excess liquid
- Spray 1001 Pet Stain Remover and wait for up to five minutes
- Massage the product into the stained area
- Remove excess liquid with a dry cloth
- Vacuum the treated area when dry.
- Spray Carpet Fresh Pet and enjoy your nice clean car!