Whether you’re a wax melt addict or just love the flicker of candlelight, you need to know how to clean carpet when you have a spill. This is particularly important around Halloween if you’re carving pumpkins, because your kids might be more likely to spill wax than you!
Don’t worry, it’s not difficult to clean wax up off the carpet at all, even when it’s brightly coloured! We’ll give you the key steps, plus a few hints about how to enjoy yummy scents in your home with carpet freshener instead of flames!
What to do when you’ve spilled candle wax
We’ve written about how to clean carpet effectively by making sure you don’t skip some important first steps. And candle wax is one of those special stains! To make sure that you get all the wax off your carpet, simply:
- Place some ice cubes in a plastic bag.
- Rub over the area until the wax is hard and brittle.
- Cover the area with a tea towel or kitchen towel.
- Shatter the wax using a rolling pin or heel of a shoe.
- Vacuum thoroughly.
- Apply 1001 Carpet Stain Remover or 1001 Mousse.
- Massage the product into the stained area.
- Remove excess liquid with a dry cloth.
- Leave the area to dry, then vacuum again.
It’s that easy! And if the extra hassle of carpet cleaning after a big spill has made you swear off scented candles, don’t worry! You can get your home smelling great with one of our carpet fresheners. Available in some yummy classic and seasonal scents, using 1001 Carpet Fresh is as easy as shaking the can and spraying a thin, even coating of foam!
Need to Know How to Clean Carpet When You Spot Tricky Stains?
Then follow us on our Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram or Tik Tok! That’s where we drop the best carpet cleaning tips for all sorts of stains. We also share fun contests and let our fans be the first to know about new seasonal scents of our carpet fresheners.