The darker evenings are coming in and the leaves are slowly turning brown before our eyes. But what better way to appreciate the change in season than with a refreshing Autumnal walk? Well that is until someone brings the damp and dirty leaves into your home! Then you have the task of finding the best way to clean carpet from pesky muddy marks. Well look no further. Here’s our full guide on how to remove mud stains out of carpet. So no matter whether the stains are on your doormat or your cream wool carpets, they’ll be gone in no time!
Best way to clean carpet of mud stains
Nothing instils fear in us more than seeing mud on carpet. But with 1001 Carpet Care, that panic is a thing of the past. Here’s how to remove mud stains out of carpet using 1001.
- Usually we would advise tackling the stain as soon as it happens. However, with mud, the advice is slightly different. Instead, wait until the mud has dried and then remove all solid residue. Pick larger bits up by hand and then hoover the area to gather the rest.
- For larger ‘soiled’ areas (pardon the pun), we recommend using 1001 Shampoo. Mix 1-part 1001 Shampoo with 6-parts water.
- Use a clean, colour-fast cloth to apply the solution to the stain, being careful not to over-wet.
- Once the stains have gone, leave the area to dry.
- Finally, vacuum the area and enhance the freshness with a spray of your favourite 1001 Carpet Fresh.
Removing mud stains from your car
If you’ve headed further afield for your walk, then it is likely that your car’s mats will take the brunt of the mud. If this is the case, here is the best way to clean carpet in your car.
- If you are cleaning removable car mats, we advise taking these out of the car to clean properly. If you’re cleaning the floor of the car, we recommend testing a small inconspicuous area of the material to test for compatibility before cleaning.
- Like your home carpet, wait until the mud has dried and then remove all solid residue. Pick larger bits up by hand and then hoover the area to gather the rest.
- Apply the 1001 Carpet Stain Remover to the area and leave for 5 minutes.
- Massage the product gently into the area.
- Remove the excess liquid with a dry cloth and leave the area to dry.
- Finally, vacuum the area and don’t forget to finish off with a spray of your favourite 1001 Carpet Fresh (this makes a great car air freshener for ‘freshening up’ on the go!)
The best thing about 1001 Carpet Care cleaning products is that their formula protects your carpet from future staining! So if you are faced with a similar situation, the stain will be easier to remove next time.